In order to access our press kit please e-mail us your details and we will reply with the password
In order to access our press kit please e-mail us your details and we will reply with the password
Who we are
Gilli and Ran met and became a couple in life and in design during their studies at the department of industrial design at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design (Jerusalem) where they both graduated with honors. Gilli is also a graduate of the industrial design Masters program at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa). Both Gilli and Ran are lecturers at the industrial design department of the Holon Institute of Technology (Holon).
Since its establishment the studio has worked with leading companies in Israel and abroad, won numerous prestigious design awards and has exhibited and been featured in exhibitions and design publication around the world. The works of the studio are part of Design Museum Holon permanent collection.
What we do
We are a full service design agency. Our work spans through design research, design strategy, concept development, creative problem solving, design for manufacturing, prototyping and manufacturing support. To learn more about our services visit our services page.
We work in a collaborative, fast paced, multi iteration process together with our clients which is based on a design strategy rooted in research and analysis of our clients and their customers needs.
We believe in a design process based on hands-on research and experimentation with materials and technologies and finding new ways of interpreting traditional and emerging production methods and objects in order to generate for our clients innovative products with substantial competitive advantages.
We tailor our services to perfectly fit each of our clients specific needs and challenges and strive to create long lasting collaborations and partnerships.
Our work has been extensively recognized by leading International design institution including museums (Design Museum Holon), auction houses (Sotheby’s, Tiroche Auction House), design awards (Red Dot Award, NYCxDesign, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Israel Museum and more), galleries (Paradigma, Design Space, Saga) and design stores (Tollmans, Jewish Museum Store, Tel Aviv Museum Store, Pamono).
Product design is much more than making beautiful objects. It is the process of understanding the business, technology, and users, and then create a solution that addresses all these aspects in the form of a useful and attractive product. These… Load more
Product design is much more than making beautiful objects. It is the process of understanding the business, technology, and users, and then create a solution that addresses all these aspects in the form of a useful and attractive product.
These were my expectations when I invited Ran and Gilli to design GreenOnyx’s innovative indoor-farm growing unit. The task was extremely challenging, as we had to merge incompatible characteristics into the product design and consider many technological and geometrical restrictions.
Ran and Gilli’s work was above and beyond our expectations. The process was professional, efficient, and friendly, and the design outcome “nailed it!” – they had figured out the (unusual) challenge and delivered a smart and attractive solution, despite the significant complexity.
I warmly recommend working with them.December 2018Yariv Sade, VP Product & Brand, GreenOnyx
My acquaintance with Mr. Ran Amitai and Ms. Gilli Kuchik of Bakery Studio began two years ago when our company commissioned their studio to design the UPnRIDE 1.0, an innovative wheelchair which enables upright mobility. Ran and Gilli designed the… Load more
My acquaintance with Mr. Ran Amitai and Ms. Gilli Kuchik of Bakery Studio began two years ago when our company commissioned their studio to design the UPnRIDE 1.0, an innovative wheelchair which enables upright mobility.
Ran and Gilli designed the chair with extraordinary talent and the result is exceptional. Their studio’s team devoted themselves and their time tirelessly, and worked in close collaboration with UPnRIDE engineering team while delving into the smallest details of the project.
The project was done under tremendous time pressure due to the need of presenting the device in a trade show, and indeed the studio’s team managed to deliver the projects according to the predefined milestones in an impressive manner.
Ran and Gilli are productive designers with an “out of the box” mindset. They were very pleasant team members and contributed greatly to the development and design of our company’s device.
(Translated from Hebrew)January 2017Dudu Haimovich, Founder & VP of Mechanics, UPnRIDE Robotics Ltd.
I began working with Gilli Kuchik and Ran Amitai of Bakery Studio on the development of an Android TV device in 2015. The project required the studio to develop of a unique concept and design strategy which was performed on… Load more
I began working with Gilli Kuchik and Ran Amitai of Bakery Studio on the development of an Android TV device in 2015. The project required the studio to develop of a unique concept and design strategy which was performed on the basis of a comprehensive design research performed by the studio.
An essential part of the product development was to synergize the design concept with the engineering, manufacturing, and pricing requirements of the project. And so the work of the studio included the management and communications of all the professionals which were part of the product development team including graphic designers, engineers, mold makers and manufactures in China.
I warmly recommend Bakery Studios services which works in uncompromising standards of quality and creativity. The studio’s team was also pleasant to communicate and work with and gave us maximum availability including in unconventional hours.
The result I received from the studio were far and beyond my expectations!
(Translated from Hebrew)January 2017Guy Corem,
During 2016 Huliot decided to renew one of the company’s most iconic and longstanding products: the Rav Ta. Because we are in the business of plastic boxes, we looked for a design studio with the ability to think “outside the… Load more
During 2016 Huliot decided to renew one of the company’s most iconic and longstanding products: the Rav Ta. Because we are in the business of plastic boxes, we looked for a design studio with the ability to think “outside the box”.
After a meticulous selection process we chose Bakery Studio (Gilli Kuchik and Ran Amitai) to lead the project.
Bakery Studio was responsible of defining the project’s brief and understanding the company’s and our users needs, designing the products for manufacturing and coordinating the engineering team of Huliot and other professionals involved in the project.
The project mission was a challenging and yet the Studio’s work was done in the utmost professionalism, efficiency and courtesy. And the final product is excellent!
I warmly recommend Bakery Studio due to their creative thinking, ability to meet deadlines, team spirit and their courtesy throughout the project.
(Translated from Hebrew)January 2017Yuval Kaddar, CEO Huliot Storage
Bakery Studio lead by Ran Amitai and Gilli Kuchik were a prominent force in designing the new generation of Ortega sinks. We became to know Ran and Gilli as top quality professionals which were attentive to our needs. The studio… Load more
Bakery Studio lead by Ran Amitai and Gilli Kuchik were a prominent force in designing the new generation of Ortega sinks.
We became to know Ran and Gilli as top quality professionals which were attentive to our needs. The studio displayed good will, patience and conducted pleasant dialogues throughout the entire design process.
We have no doubt that Bakery Studio contributed greatly to our rebranding process and helped us to become a prominent and leading company in our field.
(Translated from Hebrew)June 2017Avi Mizrahi, CEO & Hagay Zohar, COO, Ortega Industries Ltd.
NYCXDesign Award, Best chair in guest seating category for Chair 2, 2017
Hublot Design Prize Nominee, Nominated by Professor Dr. Peter Zec, 2015
Red Dot, Best of the Best award for NOM (Nature of Material), 2014
IBDC-International Bicycle Design Competition, Excellency award for Flex, 2010
Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Excellency award for Ran Amitai, 2009
Manufactures Association of Israel, Excellency award for Nature of Material, 2009
Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Excellency award for Gilli Kuchik, 2009
Israel Museum and Create & Barrel Prize, Honorary mention, 2008
America-Israel Cultural Foundation, Scholarship, 2007
- 70 Years Old: Treasures of Israel’s Museums, Knesset, Jerusaelm, June 2018
- Affaire de Coeur 4, Lee Eugean Gallery, Seoul, May 2018
- Sound and Matter, Design Museum Holon, Holon, June 2017
- Cappellini Collection 2017, Presents Chair 2 by Bakery Studio - Gilli Kuchik and Ran Amitai, Milan 2017
- Buba Layeled, Fresh Design Fair, Tel Aviv, March 2017
- Overview, Design Museum Holon, Holon, December 2016
- High Contrast, Contemporary Israeli Design, HIT Faculty of Design, Taiwan, September 2016
- Connector, Tribute exhibition to Ami Drach , HIT Gallery, Holon, July 2016
- Designing Industry, Plasto Ispac, Tel Aviv, June 2016
- Yes &, HIT Faculty of Design, Milan, April 2016
- Matter of Fact, Benyamini Contemporary Ceramics Center, Tel Aviv, April 2016
- Flat 3D – Bakery Design Studio Folding Chairs at Design Museum, Solo exhibition curated by Galit Gaon, Design Museum Holon, Holon, November 2015
- Award Winning: Exhibition, Ha’Hanut 31 Gallery, Tel Aviv, October 2015
- Out of the Box, Design Museum Holon, Traveling Exhibition, June 2014
- Covo Collection 2014, Presents Vase Shelves by Bakery Studio, Milan, April 2014
- Guest Lecture at Holon Institute of Technology, Holon, February 2014
- Guest Lecture at Hadassah College, Jerusalem, January 2014
- Guest Lecture at “Including VAT” at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem, December 2013
- Guest Lecture at Shenkar College, Ramat Gan, December 2013
- Fresh Design, Tel Aviv, May 2013
- Guest Lecture at “Including VAT” at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem, January 2013
- Eye Candy, Inter Alia Projects, Tel Aviv, October 2012
- Auction 146, Tiroche Auction House, Herzeliya Pituah, June 2012
- Right Here Right Now, Fournfive, Jaffa, May 2012
- Cappellini Collection 2012, Presents NOM collection by Bakery Studio - Gilli Kuchik and Ran Amitai, Milan 2012
- Hitbaitoot, Contemporary Art Hangar Gallery, Kfar Vitkin, April 2012
- FAD, Design Space, Tel Aviv, March 2012
- Guest Lecture at Jerusalem Design Cente, Jerusalem, February 2012
- Tel Aviv Accessible Art Fair, Design Space, Tel Aviv, February 2012
- Dream Objects, Sotheby’s, Tel Aviv, October 2011
- Auction 142, Tiroche Auction House, Herzeliya Pituah, June 2011
- Bezalel Legacy Innovation Inspiration, Sotheby’s, London, May 2011
- Promisedesign, Ventura Lambrate, Milan, April 2011
- Zman 02, Jerusalem Design Week, Jerusalem, November 2010
- Connective Tissue, Paradigma Gallery, Tel Aviv, July 2010
- Bakery Premier Exhibition, Salone Satellite, Milan, April 2010